French as a Second Language (FSL) Courses
Our FSL classes help learners of all levels develop their French language knowledge and skills to get their CBC proficiency levels and move their career to the next level.
Improve Your French Language Skills and Reach Your Professional Goals
In Canada, a strong command of both official languages is required to advance to managerial and executive positions, especially for jobs in areas where many people speak French as a first language in bilingual designated areas like Ottawa, Gatineau, Montreal, and other main cities.
Learning French will expand your horizons, let you experience the joys of French culture in everyday life and help you take your career to new heights, as more than half of manager and director-level positions require a minimum of BBB.
To ascend to the highest professional levels in both the public and private sector, non-native French speakers need to acquire an in-depth understanding of French grammatical structures, syntax and vocabulary to communicate effectively in any situation.
With LRDG’s FSL programs, meeting the language requirements of bilingual positions is within your reach!
- Tackle your Second Language Evaluation (SLE) tests (B & C levels) with confidence
- Tutoring experts will guide you through the learning process
- Learn French YOUR way with a personalized study plan
- Choose the program & schedule that works for you
- SLE training compatible with your schedule AND budget
- Practice (and master) your speaking skills and gain familiarity with your second language
Get Your B & C Levels On The First Try!
1 - Get Your Personalized Plan
Schedule a call with us for an evaluation of your French competency in reading, writing or speaking.
2 - Get Access
Get access to your portal and your private FSL French tutor
3 - Achieve Your Goals
Get your B and C levels by mastering your language skills
Meet Your Tutors
Along with our portal, you can work with our experienced tutors, professionals that have helped over 25,000 Government of Canada employees achieve their goals. We can help you too!
LRDG: The Leading Language Provider for FSL Students Across Canada
Since 2002, LRDG has been an innovator in the language industry in Canada. Our talented staff and excellent resources make an important difference in the daily lives of our students, helping them achieve success and helping LRDG become the leading language training provider to the federal government.
Our online language training is different from traditional classroom training. In contrast to the way learning French as a second language is approached at the secondary level and higher education institutions, we focus on personalization, attending to the individual interests and needs of each student.
Our blended learning approach offers a more tailored option. This methodology provides individuals and small groups with the ideal environment to develop their French language skills.
Our curriculum can help YOU and YOUR TEAM in all aspects of French language learning.
Teaching VS. Tutoring for Second Language Learning
Our model is different - we focus on individuals and small groups. For every hour of coaching with your tutor, you get three extra hours of guided learning in your portal. This gives you the flexibility of learning on your terms, on your time.
Learning a second language should be personal, interactive and evolving, in a way that gives students the chance to explore concepts, participate in discussions and overcome hurdles in a supportive and nurturing environment.
The three pillars of our methodology
- Weekly practice/self study
- Experienced tutors
- Your learning portal
On top of that, you get a team of four continuously guiding you and supporting you towards language learning success. They are:
- A product specialist
- A personal tutor
- A pedagogical advisor
- A student success agent
With a 90% PSC SLE test success rate since 2002, our program has helped thousands of public service employees and second language learners over the years. Choose LRDG and achieve your goals!
What You Get With The Course
- 24/7 access to interactive online learning materials in your portal
- Tutors are available from 7 am to 11 pm EST.
- Oral comprehension and speaking activities
- Create a schedule with your private language tutor that fits into your everyday life
- Pedagogical support throughout your whole process
- Quality control for user satisfaction
- Progress tracking of each student, with a personalized and elaborate report after each session with a tutor
- Weekly conversation classes to prepare you for your SLE exam or for your everyday work challenges
- FREE SLE Simulation tests throughout your studies
Starting at $62.50 per week
Achieve your levels with a combination of online learning and one-on-one attention with SLE-experienced tutors.
Sign up for our newsletter so we can help you get started.